Established in 1996, hosting millions of website all over the world, Bluehost is one of the largest business hosting provider.
The company offers a wide range of hosting plans:
- shared hosting
- virtual servers
- dedicated servers
- reseller hosting
and the most popular WordPress optimized hosting.
Bluehost has been the official hosting partner of WordPress.org since 2005.
In this complete Bluehost review, we will put their promises to test.
These are the areas we will look into:
Overall Rating: 9/10
With More than 2 MILLION+ websites being hosted worldwide.
Server Configuration Used By Bluehost
To make your website run flawlessly, it should be hosted on a server which has a good hardware configuration.
Most of the host don’t disclose the server configuration but I found it on Bluehost website.
- Get Bluehost hosting for just $3.95 per month with Free Domain
- Get 50% Discount on Bluehost VPS Hosting
- Get 50% Discount on Bluehost Managed WordPress Hosting
- Get 50% Discount on Bluehost Dedicated Server Hosting
Important points to buy Bluehost Hosting
- Somewhat Strong Uptime of 99.94% (last 12 months).
- Low Introductory Pricing.
- Good Security Options (read: You should be safe with Bluehost).
- Many Integrations and Apps.
- ‘Official’ WordPress.org Recommended Host
Things you will get with Bluehost Hosting
- Free domain (for 1 year) along with your shared hosting plan.
- Feature-packed cPanel – integrated with CloudFlare, Page Speed Grader, Google Apps and a lot of other tools. Their custom user interface looks a lot better than the regular cPanel default skin.
- Premium anti-spam solutions built right in cPanel.
- Free, unlimited email accounts for the top-end plan. Email storage is within your total account storage. There are some limits as to how many emails in an hour you can send.
- Automatic daily backups for all your website data, and stored files.
- Highly configured servers. Regular hardware upgrades. Replacement parts always ready for quick replacement in case of failed hardware.
- 24×7 Live Chat & Phone Support. The latter, especially, isn’t offered by most shared hosts out there.
- Hassle-free scalability allows you to upgrade your plan to a VPS or a dedicated server without having to face the hassles of moving your website.
- Account isolation technology isolates accounts having websites that consume too many resources, to ensure that the overall performance of the server doesn’t degrade and affect all customer sites on that server.
- Decent level of customization for a shared hosting plan – including SSH (Secured Shell Access), Server Side Includes, PHP.ini and .htaccess modification support.
- Multiple user-access control mechanism to assign multiples users and restrict their access to specific sections of the same hosting account (like one account may access only the billing section).
- Built-in CDN (Content Delivery Network) support with CloudFlare integration. Hassle-free setup ensures that all your static resources load faster from CloudFlare’s worldwide CDN network.
- Unique IPs, SSL, and SiteLock protection are some optional features that are handy to have.
- 30-day Money-back Guaranty.
Different Plans with its features:
|Hosting Space||50 GB||150 GB||150 GB||Unlimited|
|Free Domain Privacy||No||No||No||Yes|
|Site Backup Pro||Basic||Basic||Basic||Pro|
|SpamExperts||No||No||1 Domain||2 Domains|
Bluehost Web Hosting Pricing:
|Bluehost Pricing: 1 to 3 years options|
Bluehost Hosting Plans:
- Basic plan: For $3.49 per month, you get one website max, 50GB storage and ‘unlimited’ bandwidth. You also get 5 email accounts (with a max storage of 100MB each).
- Plus plan: $5.95 per month provides 10 websites, 150GB storage, and ‘unlimited’ bandwidth. You also get 100 email accounts of 500MB each.
- Business Pro plan: Their largest plan comes in at $13.95 per month, providing ‘unlimited’ websites, storage, bandwidth, email account and email storage.
Pros of Bluehost:
- Most plans include unlimited disk storage, domain hosting, email addresses, and bandwidth.
- You get a free domain name for a year included with your purchase.
- The enhanced cPanel is really easy to use and offers fast access to features.
- The security features on Bluehost are flat-out excellent.
- Numerous databases are available, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, CGI-BIN, PHP 5, Python, Perl 5, Ruby on Rails, and much more.
- Tons of free website scripts are available, including social networking scripts, blog support, mailing lists, message forums, Joomla and Drupal and Tikiwiki.
- eCommerce features are good with multiple shopping carts available and SSL security.
- Most customers report that Bluehost is fast. Integrate with CloudFlare and you’ll get even better performance.
- If you can afford it, the WordPress hosting on Bluehost is considered to be top-notch.
Cons of Bluehost:
- While there are many useful add-ons available, unfortunately, you need to install many of them to get the full functionality you need.
- The customer service team gets mixed reviews.
- Bluehost loves to try to up-sell its customers, which can get to be annoying if you are on a tight budget.
- The WordPress plans, while very nice in terms of features, are also very expensive compared to plans offered by many competitors. That’s less than half of the starting price for the lowest tier WP plan offered by Bluehost.
I personally use this hosting for Gorahul.com and had no issue till now.
Kindly tell your views in the comment section.